JOB SUMMARY: Performs variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, minor electrical, cement masonry, dry wall or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling the distribution center. Plans, organizes and structures work assignments for the general maintenance and janitorial crew.
1. Performs a variety of skilled duties to maintain distribution center buildings and grounds and to meet GSF and DQMP standards for appearance, cleanliness, and safety.
2. Plans, organizes and structures work assignments for the general maintenance and janitorial crew.
3. Maintain inventory of facility maintenance supplies, requesting supplies as needed.
4. Performs repairs to maintain working condition of the facility, equipment, and grounds.
5. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Education/Certification and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalency plus previous employment experience in the building trades, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Must have a valid State Driver License. Any work requiring certification (e.g. welding) must be supported by current certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
Skill and ability to:
This position has lead responsibilities over the General Maintenance and Janitorial positions in the Maintenance Department. These responsibilities include but are not limited to training, coaching, scheduling daily workload, and providing recommendations to management regarding recruitment, and performance management of direct reports.