The following list of duties and responsibilities represents the essential functions of the job. An employee may be required to perform additional duties not listed on an occasional or frequent basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- DRIVING: Following Department of Transportation (DOT), state, and federal regulations, drives tractor-trailer unit safely from the distribution center to all points of distribution and returns.
- PAPERWORK: Under the direction of the DOT, and golden state foods Operations, the driver is responsible for accurately maintaining a record of the trip on the manifest. Also is required to fill out a vehicle inspection report. DOT logs and fuel trip sheet are to be handled on Qualcomm in each tractor.
- UNLOADING: Following Quality Inspection Procedures (QIP) and golden state foods Policy, the driver is responsible for accurately unloading the customer’s order case by case (case weights are from a minimum of 1 pound up to 50 pounds) to a receiver in the store. Equipment utilized to accomplish the unloading process includes: pallet jack, handtruck (with up to 200lbs), standard conveyor, conveyor, and or liftgate. In addition, the driver uncoils the Bulk Coke tank hose into the store, fills the store’s Coke tank, and recoils the hose.
Driver is also responsible for reconciling any over, short, or damaged product, which may occur. An average route is 1,180 cases or up to 43,000 pounds.
- BACKHAULING: Following Quality Inspection Procedures and golden state foods Policy, the driver is responsible for accurately receiving product from vendors, reconciling any over, short, or damaged products, and driving product safely back to the Center. Also, responsible for verifying shippers count.
- SPOTTING: Following golden state foods Safety Policies, driver moves semi-trailers from various dock doors, yard, fuel island, and shop locations including dropping and hooking equipment as needed with the use of a semi-tractor or a yard horse.
- SAFETY: Performs all tasks to assure personal safety, safety of others and protection of the Center and its equipment.