OBJECTIVE: Under the direction of Transportation, the Class C driver drives a box truck following guidelines of all federal and state laws, and is responsible for off-loading the product at the customer’s location, following company standards and rules.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Driver is also responsible for reconciling any over, short, or damaged product, which may occur.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
• Has a currently valid driver’s license issued from one state or jurisdiction
• 2-5 years minimum driving experience with an accident-free driving record
• Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
• Functional mobility and physical strength consistent with the essential job
functions but not limited to the ability to stand, sit, walk, climb, kneel, bend, twist, lift, carry, push, pull, and maintain balance in awkward positions
• Ability to understand written and verbal instructions, directions, schedules, policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to maintain professional customer service relationships while reconciling over, short, and damage consistent with the essential job functions
• Previous experience preferred in delivery of partial shipments with responsibility to customer services and invoices