- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Must perform lockout tagout as required by company standards.
- Must be able to operate multiple pieces of equipment which will include Federal Filler, Simplex Filler, Pacific Filler, Combi Case packer, W25 1 & 2, and Cryovac.
- Must be aware of all emergency stops and pinch points caused by moving machinery including energized equipment by air or electrical.
- Must be able to follow proper film cart loading procedure and must be able to execute proper film roll loading on machines.
- Must be able to identify proper boxes, labels and correct coding.
- Must be able to perform weight adjustments to maintain proper product weight.
- Must work with team members to maintain standard changeovers while ensuring line efficiencies.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and correct minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to fully and accurately document line production by filling out inspection record/downtime sheets as well as metal detection information.
- Must be able to identify varying machine set-ups to ensure proper operation.
- Must be able to disassemble production equipment: clean, rinse and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing proper cleaning utensils, chemicals and COP (Clean Out of Place) process.
- Must be able to reassemble production equipment: clean, rinse, and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing proper cleaning utensils, chemicals, and CIP (Clean In Place) process.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain flow of product through machine.
- Reach horizontally and vertically for boxes/product.
- Remove unusable product from machine, conveyors, boxes or floor.
- Safely hose down machines and conveyors.
- Change film roll and tape in machines.
- Lift cases of product.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk 6 or more hours per day.
- Continuously talk/hear throughout the day.
- Frequently bend, reach, twist/turn and grip/grasp.
- Frequently use eye/hand coordination and use handling/fingering to handle boxes, use hoses or tools.
- Frequently lift and carry less than 5 pounds from floor level to overhead.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl, squat or climb.
- Occasionally use eye/hand/foot coordination when handling film carts.
- Occasionally use fine motor tasks and taste/smell.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs for an entire shift from floor level to shoulder height.
- Occasionally carry up to 50 lbs 50-100 feet.
- Push film cart requiring 25 lbs of force 100 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment with fumes or airborne debris.
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental or whole-body vibration.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform or smock.
- Cut resistant gloves.
- Nitrile gloves, plastic apron, and plastic sleeves.
- Machines and conveyors.
- Food safety knife and small hand tools.
- Manual pallet jacks.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Lockout locks and tags.