JOB SUMMARY: Performs various financial analysis projects in the areas of pricing, profit planning, capital expenditures, investments, expense allocations, cash flow and acquisitions. Must handle analytical functions with a service oriented and operational approach.
1. Assists with preparation of Annual Budgets for each concept.
2. Responsible for developing expense allocations for each site/concept/activity and maintain through each budget year.
3. Review of periodic P&L results and researching variances
4. Preparation of Quarterly Business Review P&L’s
5. Analyzes and proposes changes to processes to ensure the organization achieves financial targets.
6. Have familiarity with discounted cash flow analysis, return on investment calculations and calculating internal rates of returns.
7. Works with divisional leadership to prepare business cases for senior management’s review.
8. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
• Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
• Productivity/quality standards: timeliness of debt and interest payments, fund transfers, and fund investments
• Productivity/quality standards: financial analysis and financial reports
• Teamwork within the department and across departments
• Project/assignment standards
• Customer satisfaction
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from an accredited college or university.
1-3 years of relevant work experience. Strong analytical background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
• Financial analysis tools and principles (E)
• Generally accepted accounting principles (E)
• Financial and accounting computer systems (J)
• PC word processing/spreadsheet software (E)
Skill and ability to:
• Read and process written information with a high degree of accuracy
• Identify cash management problems or anomalies and identify appropriate corrective action plans
• Prepare a variety of comprehensive financial management reports and documents
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with managers and division leadership
• Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
• Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed