- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualifications.
- Responsible for the overall sanitation of the Meat Department involving dry cleaning, rinsing, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, etc.
- Ability to break down meat processing equipment and re-assemble equipment.
- Ability to wash, scrub, and clean equipment using chemicals.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned to pass pre-op inspections and swabs.
- Observe and analyze equipment performance and report any problems to your supervisor.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Disassemble and re-assemble equipment in congested areas and awkward positions.
- Hose down machines, conveyors, floors, etc.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk 7 or more hours per day.
- Constantly squat, bend, twist/turn, talk/hear, and smell.
- Constantly reach horizontally, vertically and overhead.
- Constantly using eye/hand and eye/hand/foot coordination to clean equipment, set up equipment, and navigate machinery in congested areas.
- Frequently grip/grasp when using hoses, shovels, buckets and brushes.
- Frequently handle/finger and use fine motor tasks when using tools and completing machine assembly.
- Frequently lift to 25 lbs from floor to overhead and carry 100 feet.
- Frequently lift 50 lbs from floor to waist and carry 100 feet.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl and climb stairs/ladders.
- Occasionally lift 100 lbs from floor to overhead and carry 20 feet.
- Push carts requiring 35 lbs of force 100 feet.
- Pull wrenches requiring 53 lbs of force.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near fumes or airborne debris.
- Constantly work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold (40-90 degrees).
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Frequently work near moving machinery.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental vibration.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and smock.
- Rubber gloves, cotton gloves and rain gear.
- Meat Operations Equipment.
- Water Hose and chemicals.
- Scouring pad, brushes, buckets, mops, etc.