MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
BS Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or other Technical disciplines. Additional Management or Technical education preferred. Computer literacy a definite plus.
5 - 8 years in Quality Assurance or related Technical discipline (in a Senior Technician or management capacity) in the Food Industry. 3 – 5 years in QA and/or Manufacturing in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Knowledge of Sanitation GMP, HACCP, SSOP, SPC, and Food processing. Sanitarian Certification, Knowledge of ISO 9000, and Project Management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Responsible for Quality management of Golden State Foods’ programs in the food processing groups.
- Responsible for the successful execution of quality improvements on existing and new products in the facility.
- Monitor product and process quality through audits, HACCP, Analytical testing, Mock Recovery, product cuttings and other quality initiatives.
- Provide needed technical support to Product Development, Operations and other functional groups in the development of new ingredients, specifications enhancements, and quality and operations procedures.
- Manage the scheduling, training, performance evaluation, and discipline of a group of Quality Technicians who are responsible for implementing quality initiatives.
- Maintain a dedicated focus on International products quality.
- Maintain adequate interactions with Suppliers and Customers to better respond to their needs.
- Manages projects aimed at cost savings, quality enhancements, process improvements, and reduction of Customer concerns.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills (both written and oral).
- Be a good listener with problem-solving ability.
- Interface with individuals of varying levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good organizational and time management skills.
- Understand the “larger picture” and use broader perspective of the business in making decisions; providing options as part of decisions and next steps.
- Take initiatives and be self-motivated; looking for opportunities to improve the operations and product quality.
- Use systematic methods to collect facts and make decisions.
- Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed.